The entity Referenced by this process includes a currency value that does not exist in your organization. Select a different currency and try again.
The story begins when I imported a solution from Organization1 to Organization2. The solution has only one workflow, which has only one step of ‘Send an Email’ using Template.
Let me give you some brief about Organizations where I am doing all this:-
Organization1: Default (Base) Currency = US Dollar
Organization2: Default (Base) Currency = Pakistan Rupee (Or any currency other than Organization1 Base Currency (US Dollar))
Both of the organizations have only one currency under ‘Setting’ – ‘Business Management’ – ‘Currencies’ which are mentioned above.
When I imported the solution in Organization2, it showed me the following warning:-
‘This process contains errors and cannot be activated. Open the process, correct any errors and try again.’
When I opened the imported process in the target organization, it shows me the following problem:-
When I clicked on ‘Set Properties’, it showed me following:-
Reason: It’s obvious that the source organization has ‘US Dollar’ as base currency, while in target organization, it’s missing and somehow the process is referencing the Currency, which I didn’t understand the reason of referencing.
- Open the target organization in the browser.
- Delete the process and the solution which has problems.
- Go to ‘Settings’ – ‘Business Management’ – ‘Currencies’. Open the Base currency which is similar to the following in my scenario:-
- Now, open the source organization in the New Tab of the browser, navigate to ‘Settings’ – ‘Business Management’ – ‘Currencies’. Open the Base currency which is similar to the following in my scenario:-
- Copy the ‘Currency Name’ value of the source organization and paste in the ‘Currency Name’ field of the target organization, which look similar as follows:-
- After this re-import the solution and your Train is again on the track.
- Before you go further and enjoy your day, please revert the ‘Currency Name’, which is earlier before in the target organization.
- There is one another solution also available, which mostly played at the DB level (WorkflowBase table), but I’m reluctant to discuss here because direct interaction with MSCRM DB is not recommended until and unless, there is no other way available.