Author: Zohaib Uddin Khan
First thing first, we have Dynamics 365 Portals which are more or less giving the same functionality as available in ADX Portal (of course with some workarounds). The way product team pitch the Dynamics 365 portals, it seem like they brought all the capabilities of ADX portal as part of Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1. So, if you’re using Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1 or later, then you don’t need to try ADX Portal. At the time of writing this blog, I’m unable to find any solution to install Dynamics 365 portal for on premises environments. Even, unable to find any thing in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Roadmap.
Step by Step Guide to Install Dynamics 365 Portal:
Prerequisites: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1
- Go to https://portal.office.com/ and click on the ‘Admin’ tile. (Keep remember to login with Office 365 Administrator account)
- Click on ‘Admin Center’ and select ‘Dynamics 365’.
- Select the instance (organization) for which you want to install ‘Dynamics 365 Portal’ and click on the ‘Edit’ button, next to Solutions.
- Select ‘Custom Portal’ from the list and click on the ‘Install’ button.
- Click on ‘Install’ button in the pop-up.
- Once, it get completed, Status changed to ‘Installed’. (It will take 5-10 mins to get completed, so stay patient!)
- Now, if you go to your Dynamics 365 CRM Organization, then you can verify all the Managed solution for the Custom portal get installed.
- Again, go back to https://portal.office.com, select ‘Admin Center’ and ‘Dynamics 365’ and click on ‘Application’ tab.
- On the ‘Configure your Portal’, enter the necessary information. At this stage, two important points to be noted:
- Portal Audience: Customer
- Portal Binding: Custom Portal
- Click on ‘Accept’ to give permission for Dynamics 365 Portal.
- After ‘Accept’, you will navigate to ‘Portal Details’. As per message, it will take 10-15 mins and your ‘Custom Portal’ will be ready!
- Once, its ready the page will start looking as:
- Now, if you click on the ‘Base Portal URL’, it will open in new window and your Dynamics 365 Custom Portal is ready for Branding.