Recently, I did an upgrade from Dynamics CRM 2015 (On-Premises) to Dynamics 365 (On-Premises). After the upgrade, I faced a terrible challenge that Global Search stop working and bombarding with the the exception ‘Query Builder Error – The specified field does not exist in Dynamics 365’.
- Go to Dynamics 365 Organization – Settings – Administration – System Settings – General Tab – Scroll down till you find ‘select entities for categorize search’ and click on ‘Select’ button.
- Note down all the entities which are appearing in the ‘Selected Entities’ section. Then, remove all the entities from the list except Account and click OK.
- Now, go to Settings – Customizations – Customize the System – Entities – Account – Views – double click on ‘Quick Find View’ type.
- Remove all the columns which are from other entities in this view. Keep only the columns of Account in this view.
- Click on ‘Save and Close’ and ‘Publish All Customization’.
- Now, bring the above solution for all the entities where you want the global search should work.
I’ve created a custom business process flow for Incidents. However, the business process flow does not display/show when I look at the Incident through the Customer Service app. However, if I look at the Incident in the “Dynamics 365 – custom” app I can see the business process flow on the same record.
After spending some time, I realize that I need to make an association of newly created Business Process Flow to the Customer Service App.
- Go to Dynamics 365 Organization Customization (Settings – Customizations – Customize the System).
- Select Apps and double click ‘Customer Service’.
- Select Business Process Flows on the design panel
- Ensure that your newly created Business Process Flow is marked as selected.
- Click Save and then Publish.
Today’s post is not directly related to the Dynamics 365, but it is more relevant to the life of a Consultant.
As a consultant, you notice this thing that there are mostly two independent machines available on your desktop because of some reason. May be, one machine belongs to your parent company while another is given by the client. Because, of this you need two keyboards and mouses on your desktop, which are occupying extra space and you always need to switch from one keyboard/mouse to another keyboard/mouse.
One solution maybe doing remote desktop with lousy user experience. While, another solution is Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders.
What is Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders?
In layman terms, it allows you to control up to four computers from a single mouse and keyboard. Not only this, it will also copy text or drag and drop files across computers.
- Download Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders
- Install on the machines which you want to control with single mouse and keyboard.
- Once the installation is finished, you need to do configuration: