Recently, I did an upgrade from Dynamics CRM 2015 (On-Premises) to Dynamics 365 (On-Premises). After the upgrade, I faced a terrible challenge that Global Search stop working and bombarding with the the exception ‘Query Builder Error – The specified field does not exist in Dynamics 365’.
- Go to Dynamics 365 Organization – Settings – Administration – System Settings – General Tab – Scroll down till you find ‘select entities for categorize search’ and click on ‘Select’ button.
- Note down all the entities which are appearing in the ‘Selected Entities’ section. Then, remove all the entities from the list except Account and click OK.
- Now, go to Settings – Customizations – Customize the System – Entities – Account – Views – double click on ‘Quick Find View’ type.
- Remove all the columns which are from other entities in this view. Keep only the columns of Account in this view.
- Click on ‘Save and Close’ and ‘Publish All Customization’.
- Now, bring the above solution for all the entities where you want the global search should work.