Author: Zohaib Uddin Khan
Version: Dynamics 365 v9
On the other day, I had a conversation with Andrew Ly (MVP) and he shared with me that there are a couple of well-known functionalities which are not available in Unified Interface. Then, I started looking into this matter and I was just stunned!!
Limitations of Unified Interface:
- Advanced Find is missing (Global as well as on the list views).
- Bulk Update records by selecting two or more records is not available.
- Run Workflow is missing in a view.
- No filters available on columns in a view.
- After adding ‘Editable Grid’ control, filter feature will be available.
- Run Report is missing from view.
- Bulk Delete is missing in a view.
- Quick create for Activities and Custom entities is not available.
- Sitemap Designer behavior is not consistent. I configuredCampaign, Quick Campaign and Work order, but they are not appearing in the App while browsing.
- [Misunderstanding, my bad!] Through App/Sitemap Designer, I didn’t expose the ‘Case’ entity. But, ‘Case’ entity is marked for ‘Quick Create’ and Security role has the access to it. So, I can create the case record through ‘Quick Create’ button. Make sure Security role is updated for the App accordingly.
I’ll keep updating this list based on new findings. Ciao!